Sunday, January 6, 2013

Balloon People

The very beginning of January is usually a slow time for Party Artists.  It's just one week off, but it feels soooo

I took this opportunity to practice some balloon-faces.  Down-time is a good-time to hone my skills.  

This first one is as simple as can be.  A big round face just tied on to the knot of a big round balloon.  Then, add a little hair and extras, and Voila!  It might be one of my favorites:

balloonicatures, party balloons

party balloons, party balloons

Then I did the basic twist-face that I usually use.  I learned it at a workshop several years ago, and I've been so happy that I remember to start from the Ear, and go across cheek, nose, cheek, and other ear.  Once I knew that, I felt like a Professional:

party balloons, party balloons

But I like this simpler version of the same thing.
I kept it flat.  Might look like I'm not as versatile with balloons as in the previous example, but I'm more interested in the Art of it.  If this is what I want to convey when I'm twisting, this is what I'll use:

Party Balloons, party balloons

Whoa ~  This one took a bit more study.  It's a little more complicated.  I hope I can figure out how I made it again.  But I probably wouldn't get many chances to use it during a Party, anyway.  My clients usually want faster Production ~ to give each happy excited child some attention and a Party Balloon.  There wouldn't be enough time to tuck in these complicated eyes:

party balloons, party balloons

But this one I really liked.  I hope I remember this one for sure.  Probably wouldn't take more time than the one I usually use.  But I'd have a chance to make this different Look.  Something I did with the nose and lips here:

balloons, balloon face at party

It was hard to get a good photo of this narrow-face design.  It looks better in person than in the photo.  Sort of like an old-lady-face with glasses.  But this one probably would not get into my Party repetoire.  It was sooo hard to make these twists:

party balloons, party balloons

Photobucket

All fun.  But what next?  I want to call back to my client who asked about a Balloon Party for next week, but it's the middle of the night.  Hmmmm.  Maybe I'll go work on my Glitter Tattoos ~ something else I will for Sure be developing for this year.  Happy New Year ~  

to hire this artist:
optidust@gmail.com
(516)579-4706

No comments: