Monday, September 2, 2019

New Shoes

All that focus, all that work, to prepare for this Facepainting Party ~ because my Client had told me to use Only Pastel Colors.  All that conundrum.  But lol ~ let me tell you how it turned out. 

When I arrived, like 2 sentences to my Client, and she was very nice and easy-going.  She just said something like "Do whatever you think is best".  So then, I didn't Have all the Colors that I would have wnated to use.  Because I had taken them out of my Supply Box to avoid problems in case a Guest requested something that my Client wouldn't have wanted me to use.

I had made a Whole New Face Painting Set Up.  Clean new boxes, clean new brushes, etc.  So when I got to this Party, things that had organically developed with my old Set Up just weren't here.  The Brushes were falling all over the place.  I couldn't keep them in order, so I finally gave up and just washed out a few of the best ones and used them over and over again.  And I forgot to prepare a spot to hold the Cloth for cleaning my brushes ~ I did a really good improvise by using a Clip to hold the Cloth to the Box.  Not quite as useful as the way it worked with my old Set Up, bu okay.  And and the way the box closes ~ for while traveling ~ that was a little schvachy on the New Set Up.  But it looked cleaner than the rubberband that I used for that in my old Set Up (I figured out how to make it work better After I got home from the Party.)  And and and.....

Things like that.  Wearing in a new Set Up is like what we used to do with new Shoes.  To make it fit us like a glove. 

Never a dull moment.  Before I give in to this needed Sleeeep, I'll post one of the Faces that I Facepainted:



to hire Face Painter Alison Gelbman,
email optidust@gmail.com
or phone 516-579-4706


No comments: