Tuesday, January 21, 2014

with Stars

Snow day.  A good day to post some new designs I have been dreaming up.  Maybe you can see some of the process involved in what eventually ends up on people's faces.  

I used a Mannequin head.  I could go into so many different directions, but I have to choose One at a time.  Or I'd just end up doing nothing.  

This time I felt like focusing on Stars.  

Here's my first design.  It started with a light blue to dark blue base.  Then I added the black design.  Then the white stars and lines.  

My critique?  Next time I will stick to a solid dark blue base.  I feel like the white was lost as it went over the light blue area in the center.  


Inline image 1


Here is a little attempt at finishing off the bottom of the design.  Ummmm ~ not a good idea.  Maybe I'll do white swirls radiating out all over the cheeks next time:

Inline image 2

Then I tried some Americana.  That uses Stars:

Inline image 3

Inline image 4

Do you feel like the blue/red star in the center is too stiff?  

Then I did more Americana.  I had some idea of a firecracker for this one. 

Inline image 6

I felt like the nose grouping was overpowering.  So I wiped it off and came up with this.  Still not satisfied.  Will work on it some more before I bring it out into the world:   

Inline image 7

Then I switched to dinosaur designs.  Here I made an S-dinosaur with a line of stars.  Added a curved line that made a heart-shape with those stars.  I like that.  Wondering if it could be Americana if I change the dinosaur colors to black with blue someday.  Or perhaps blue with red.  Now that's something(s) else I might try some day.  But one thing at a time.  I can only make one painting at a time.  Only follow one direction at a time:

Inline image 9
Inline image 10

Meanwhile, I also wanted to try another idea with the Stars.  I made a whole background of them.  I do like the stars here ~ that is the focus for me today.  But I would like to embellish that dragon a bit.   Someday:  

Inline image 11

Inline image 12

Oh.  Just as I really started getting into this, my timer beeped.  I had to clean up because  I had an appointment with my trainer at the gym.  Where he will be responsible for choosing our exercise-focus for today.  I'll find out if we're focusing on Abs or Back or Posture or Aerobics or whatever he thinks is needed.  I have enough to do with my own job, so I'm glad to be able to leave my exercising decisions up to the Professionals who are in charge of That.  

to hire this Artist:
optidust@gmail.com
(516)579-4706

No comments: