Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Show Must Go On

Grand Opening at a Store.  90-degree Weather.  And my Client told me to Set Up Outside. 

Makes sense.  Because I was probably hired to entice people towards the Store. 

But according to my Contract, it was Time to Start FacePainting ~ and my busy Client still hadn't gotten any Chairs outside. 

It Was more comfortable when the Chairs finally did arrive, but I didn't just wait around for them. 
Here I am ~ Face Painting while Standing Up. 



Lol ~ At my 2nd job on this super-Hot day (for Caricatures at a Man's 50th Birthday Party) ~ my Client made a last-minute decision and moved her backyard Party into the House.  You might have thought that that would have been perfect ~ or at least much better ~ but it came with it's own situations.  As the Comedienne Gilda Radner used to say, "It's always something."

I was in a small living-room ~ right next to the DJ's Set Up.  Barely noticed how very loud the music was ~ because I was busy making it all work even though they designed heir Party to have Blue Lights on the people I was trying to see ~ and Blue Lights onto my Paper and my Supplies.  Blue Lights both in front of my easel and behind my easel.  Okay ~ once again, I try to fit in with whatever my Client needs. 

Luckily I brought along my own little lights ~ it wasn't enough to eradicate the Blue Light Atmosphere ~ but it was just enough to let me See and Draw. 

Aaahh.  The end of a Happy Successful Day/Night. 

for Event Planning in Nassau County, Suffolk County, New York City,
Contact optidust@gmail.com  516-579-4706


No comments: