Saturday, June 23, 2018

Humility

It was an exercise in humility for me to take this job.  I'm better than that.  I'm an Arteest. 

I agreed to do cheap little Children's Tattoos for yet another Client who didn't understand the high quality FREEHAND TemporaryTattoos that I create. As per my website:

 http://caricatureexpress.com/tattoos-at-pool-party

Humility.  I'm accustomed to admiration for my Artwork.  But I had to remind myself that that's not what I'm hired for.  I'm not there to aggrandize myself.  I'm hired to help the Guests Enjoy the Party. 

Once I got there, I felt fine.  Not hired for my Art Skills This time, I used my People Skills.  My Party Skills.  Both Children And Adults were Happy with this simple activity.   They didn't know what else is out there.  They didn't know just how glamorous they could feel with the better Artwork.  So they were fine.  Happy with the Children.  Happy with each other.  Happily choosing which embellishment they wanted.  Hey ~ I remember a simpler time in my life too.  As a little girl when a grown-up would 'magically' transfer the image from the paper to my arm. 



You can contact Alison at optidust@gmail.com to arrange for the type of Party Art that You want. 
Whether it be Children's Temporary Tattoos like these, the edgier Freehand Temporary Tattoos, or

Face Painting

Caricatures

Digital Caricatures

Fashion Sketches

No comments: